Sunday, May 24, 2015

Honey cake,the heavenly delight

I have a big sweet tooth.Big in the sense biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig..And cakes are a big time favourite.
I love cakes,not the fluffy,sponge ones,but the dense,moist ones..
My absolute favourite is Honey cake.
I tasted it for the first time when I went to Karnataka for my UG course.There was some function arranged by the seniors for the freshers.And there I tasted this little piece of pure bliss for the first time.It was dense,soft and juicy.That was the first time I tasted a cake that is juicy.I never tasted anything like that in Kerala.I asked my friends its name and I came to know it is called Honey cake.I tried to found out from where they got this little delight.But was scared to go and approach a senior with this question.:)
And later on as I became acquainted with the city,I found a bakery which sell this awesome Honey cakes.And just 5 rupees!!
I was happier than Columbus when he discovered America:)
From then Honey cake became easily accessible for me..And we used to have this for many functions in college and hostel.
I hadn't started my habit of googling for each and everything then. So I  never bothered about the recipe.

I was always fascinated by the art of baking.We had a microwave oven back home.And I tried few cakes in that.Some were flops and some tasted distinctly like cakes.And after coming to US,I got an oven all for myself.And the baking enthusiast in me woke up.But I was scared to even operate this.So I started searching high and low in the internet for baking tips for beginners.And during that search I came across a Honey cake recipe by Vahchef..I was so excited.I felt like I met a dearest friend unexpectedly after many years.
I wanted to try it.But I convinced myself that I will try it only after mastering baking.I don't  want to destroy my liking for Honey Cake by my culinary experiments..One day,one day I will surely make this honey cake..
But when will that day come?

No comments:

Post a Comment